This square is located in the old suburb of “La Musalla”, in the heart of the old town, under the protection of the Cathedral. It was one of the favorite places of residence for the aristocracy during the 16th to 18th centuries.
The oldest house in the city is in the square: The Puche´s House, built in the 18th century. The Puche family was a noble family that arrived in Almeria with the first Christian settlers in the year 1494. Next to Puche’s House is the House of the Music, which was restored in the 19th century and is currently the headquarters of the Provincial Tourist Board.
In the center of the square is the bust of the poet Celia Viñas, who worked as a teacher in Almeria during the postwar years, enriching the literary work of Almeria.
Museums in Almeria