Work on this Convent Church begin in the year 1719, and was completed in 1756, coinciding with the installation of the nuns. In the year 1837, the nuns were transferred to the Puras Convent, since the Civil Government and the Provincial Delegation decided to settle here. At the beginning of the 19th century, this convent was suitable to house Queen Elizabeth II of Spain, specifically in 1862.
During the Spanish Civil War, the building suffered a fire, leaving only the church standing. This is the only original element, since the current convent was rebuilt during the postwar period. After the end of the war, part of this land was used to make a memorial to the fallen. It was created by Guillermo Langle. The space is used as a convent garden and was declared an Asset of Cultural Interest in 1992.
Museums in Almeria