Church of Our Lady of the Assumption
The Church of Our Lady of the Assumption is located at the entrance of Alsodux, next to the old inlet from the source of the Santa Cruz river.
This site is where the town's mosque was previously located.
The church was burned during the Moorish rebellion in 1566 and it was ordered to be rebuilt at the beginning of the 17th century by the Duke of Maqueda, according to his lordly obligations with the Taha of Marchena.
The church is in keeping with the typical Mudejar church design of the Alpujarra of Almeria. It has an unadorned bell tower that resembles an old Islamic minaret, but which in fact is built in a defensive mode of construction to represent the danger of Moorish and pirates.