It was formerly the nerve center of Mojacar social life, given the importance of water for agriculture, livestock and the human population.
It is a fountain with twelve frontal pipes and one lateral one that discharges into three pillars.
The existence of the fountain is recorded in ancient Arabic writings, and was of vital importance for the choice of the town's location.
In 1488 it was the historic location of the diplomatic contingent sent by the Catholic Monarchs for the peaceful surrender of the city. It was renovated in the 19th century, with subsequent reconstruction in the 80s, in which it changed its old appearance to the modern one.
What to visit in Mojacar