Church of the Conception (Ohanes - Almeria)

What to see in Ohanes

 
 

Church of the Conception


 360º     Gallery     Map
 
Church of the Conception (Ohanes - Almeria)
 
The church is strategically located in the town's central square, where it stands out for its monumental size and height, as well as its beautiful neoclassical design. It is worth mentioning the size of the bell tower that crowns the main portal.

It was built between 1790 and 1795 by the architect Manuel Martin Rodriguez, who was a disciple and nephew of Ventura Rodriguez, and its construction is one of the finest examples of 18th-century Spanish architecture.
 
 

The Animas Hermitage


 Gallery     Map
 
The Animas Hermitage (Ohanes - Almeria)
 
It is a small hermitage almost square in shape, with a hipped tiled roof.

It is in a good state of conservation and is dedicated to the “Animas”.
 
 

Ohanes Fountain


 Gallery     Map
 
Fountain (Ohanes - Almeria)
 
Fountains were fundamental elements of the traditional culture of the Alpujarra of Almeria, as they facilitated domestic hygiene before the public supply of water was connected to rural dwellings. These works were carried out in the sixties and seventies of the last century.

This old fountain from the 20th century has two features: its location on the Acequia de la Vega, which is one of the most important areas in Ohanes, and that of being a viewpoint across the plain of the Chico River and the Andarax river valley.
 
 

Ohanes Viewpoint


 Gallery     Map
 
Viewpoint (Ohanes - Almeria)
 
From this charming viewpoint we have impressive views of the impressive natural environment and the entire town, where the Church of the Conception stands out.
 
 

Sanctuary of Tices


 360º     Gallery     Map
 
Sanctuary of Tices (Ohanes - Almeria)
 
In the Alpujarra of Almeria, on the road between the towns of Abla and Ohanes (5 kilometres from Ohanes), you can find this impressive sanctuary dedicated to the patroness saint of Ohanes: Our Lady of the Consolation.

It is one of the few examples of religious architecture that is isolated from the population centre.

The sanctuary was built between 1800 and 1803, on the site of an old hermitage dedicated to Saint Mark.
 
It is a building with two towers, several altars and a sacristy built with pink marble extracted from a quarry in the "Cerro de Montenegro".
 

  What to visit in the Alpujarra Almeriense